The Adventurous Journey section encourages a sense of adventure and discovery whilst undertaking a team journey or expedition. As part of a small team, participants plan, train for and undertake a journey with a purpose in an unfamiliar environment.
The journey can be an exploration or an expedition but must be a challenge. The aim of this Section is to provide participants with the opportunity to learn more about the wider environment, as well as to develop their self-confidence, team work and health. Participants are taken out of their comfort zone but kept within a safe and secure setting, achieved through suitable training and supervision.
Examples of Adventurous Journeys (explorations and expeditions)
- Exploring the Volcano Mountains in Indonesia
- Exploring the Traditional Cultures
- Exploring the natural world: glaciation, erosion, geology, coastal studies
- Exploring river valleys, plant studies, exploring human impact: visitor pressure in national parks, pollution
- Carrying out health surveys or health education in remote areas
- Completing a demanding journey by foot, cycle, canoe or kayak
- Kayaking the entire navigable stretch of a river
- Climbing the montainous peaks
- Cycling from one end to another
- Big Group Adventure
- Family Adventure
- Customized Adventure